Sunday 17 July 2011

"Enveloping the land like a blue pancake..."




We have asked some visitors and programme participants – newcomers as well as regular visitors what they appreciate and think about Dechen Chöling.

Judith from Berlin, Germany:

I always enjoy the beautiful landscape, especially the green fields, the cows, old trees, the frogs and all those sentient beings. I love the chateau and its surrounding barns – the atmosphere feels very ancient and uplifted and rather mellow. Dechen Chöling attracts people of many different cultures and I hope that it will continue to blossom and benefit from the coming together of younger and older generations.

Seweryn from Szczecin, Poland:

Dechen Chöling, the green pearl of bliss, gently held in a dream like French countryside landscape of rolling hills, meadows with curious cows, all guarded by ancient trees and greenery rich with foliage, towering along the side of narrow, winding country roads. On the land of Dechen Chöling is a pond full of fully froglike frogs generously cracking along, day, as well as night. A pure land, an amazing place to train the mind and open the heart. The blue sky here is just much bluer, enveloping the land like a cape or a blue pancake, ready to fall on your head. And at night there are more stars than anywhere else I’ve ever been. People from all over the world come here and there are always many familiar faces glowing with delight.

Valérie from Paris, France:

I love Dechen Chöling! It feels like a family home for me. Everybody is kind and welcoming. I like living for a few days or weeks with people from all over the world. It’s a wonderful place to learn, to relax, to slow down, and to be open to oneself and others. Also, nature here is so mild and lush at the same time. When you come from a big city, it’s paradise!

Ian from London, England:

For me, Dechen Chöling is a place where the heart and mind are given space to fully appreciate the innate beauty of the world around and inside us.

Isabella from Munich, Germany:

I come to Dechen Chöling almost every year because I feel it is an auspicious place and I love its rich nature. Being here feels like charging my batteries. I am very happy to get vegetables from the local garden and enjoy the good food the kitchen provides – very enriching for both my body and mind. Also, I enjoy having so much time and space for myself and at the same time meeting many nice and interesting people, friends and teachers, who inspire and touch me.

Dominique from Paris, France :

I visited Dechen Chöling for the first time at the beginning of the summer season. I took the chance of spending ten days in the center’s beautiful garden, - created by Michael and Steffen -, with weeding, cleaning, watering…savoring the beauty and the energy of this place, as well as the kindness of the people living here. What I have experienced here was what I needed at that moment. I leave full of gentleness with a big desire to preserve an important part of slowness in my urban life. Many thanks to all the people I met at Dechen Chöling.

If you like to share your personal experience of your stay here, please let us know. Thank you & Merci!

No comments:

Post a Comment